Kitchen cabinets were not that popular in past. The concept evolved in nineteenth century with modernized kitchen designs. In twentieth century, kitchen cabinets became popular. It is an integral part of contemporary kind of kitchens. Every cabinet maker in the United States has its own style and method. The kitchen cabinets were hand made. Mainly wood material was used for the kitchen cabinetry. There are several types of wood found suitable for preparing kitchen cabinets, one of them is hickory. It is also known as sturdiest American wood.
Hickory wood is durable, resistant and found in wide range of colors. Due to its resilience, durability and variety it is very popular. Hickory kitchen cabinets are more beautiful in comparison with many other cabinets. They are found in variety of grain patterns such as burls, mineral streaks and random peaks. These patterns create a warm color variation which adds style to your house. Hickory kitchen cabinets are enduring. In comparison with oak and maple wood it is harder and sturdy. Sturdiness is necessary for kitchen cabinets as they have constant contact with heat, smoke and water. Hickory kitchen cabinets survive well in such conditions.
The hickory kitchen cabinets come in variety of colors starting from white to deep dark brown. This cabinet gets unique appearance with swirls and shifts of colors. People who like the country look for their kitchen, hickory is the best choice.
Here are some reasons why one should go for hickory kitchen cabinets:
- These cabinets not only look nice but they are also enduring. It will help increase the popularity of your kitchen and ultimately your house.
- The hickory kitchen cabinets are more suitable with protective sealer.
- The custom made hickory cabinets might be little expensive but it will ensure they are perfect fit for your concept of kitchen.
- Designing hickory kitchen cabinets is an innovative task for people. They can put down their ideas and renovate or design latches, pulls, drawer slides, hinges, knobs, and so on.
- Hickory kitchen cabinets are also available in RTA (Ready-to-assemble). This will save your money. Shipping cost is very low for these cabinets. The RTA hickory cabinets are easy to install by yourself or by professionals.
- The distinct patterns of grain and colors of cabinet will help in enhancing the look of your kitchen.
The features that distinctly separate hickory cabinets from other are:
- Variety: The hickory wood varies a lot. The sapwood and hardwood are two different varieties. The sapwood is white in color while hardwood is dark red in color. It has smooth texture.
- Appearance: The hickory wood has glaze and beautiful styles are available. It comes both in light and dark colors. It also contains dark grain patterns. This makes your kitchen more appealing.
- Finishing: the hickory cabinets take stains finely. Light color finishing is best suitable for hickory wood because of natural color stains.
- Durability: This wood is highly durable. The strength of this wood is comparatively more than oak, pine and maple. The density and weight also compliments the durability factor.
- Cost: Generally wood cabinets are more expensive. The cost varies with domestic and imported wood. Hickory wood is less expensive than other type of woods.
Hickory kitchen cabinets can be a best choice for making your kitchen look more lavish and stunning.