Small kitchen appliances are essential for major works in the kitchen. Cookware kitchen appliance is one of the commonly used appliances under the category of small appliances. Cookwares are containers used for preparing food. These comprise of cooking vessels like saucepans and frying pans. For preparing quality meal, it is important to have the right kind of cookware.
Cookware kitchen appliances are made up of many different materials. Some of them are:
- Stainless Steel Cookware: This kind of material used for cookware is strong, stain resistant, durable, and easy to clean. These are popular kinds of cookwares. They are also available in the layers of aluminum and copper base. It is safe to use them in dishwashers and also impervious to scrapes. Only disadvantage of this cookware is, it does not possess non-stick properties.
- Cast Iron Cookware: This is everlasting, strong, and the most favorite type of kitchen appliance cookware. It is very heavy in comparison to other cookwares. This material retains heat very well, and it is also safe to be used in an oven. Another advantage of using cast iron cookware is that it consumes less oil while cooking.
- Hard-anodized Aluminum Cookware: This type of material is non-stick, and easy for cleaning. This material uses electrochemical process to replace molecular structure of aluminium. This results in aluminum becoming dark gray and firm. The cookware is very strong comparatively.
- Non-stick Cookware: It is an all-time favorite amongst all other types of cookwares. The main advantage of using non-stick material is the interior coating. This makes it easy to clean.
- Copper Cookware: Copper kitchen appliances are mostly used in western cooking. It is made up of a thick layer of copper and a thin layer of tin. It is a good conductor of heat. Tin lining prevents the reaction of copper with acidic food. Hence, it is very expensive compared to other cookware.
Cookware kitchen appliances are light weight. Some of such cookwares are:
- Braising Pans: These are large, wide and shallow type of cookwares. This type of cookware has two handles, a loop, and cover. It is made up of metal. It is quite suitable for cooking chicken, beef, and other such food items.
- Casserole Pans: This type of cookware kitchen appliances are made up of glazed ceramics or Pyrex. They may be used in an oven or stovetop, depending upon the material used.
- Frying Pans: They have a large flat surface. It is very useful for frying food. These are sometimes ribbed, for draining away oil from the food. These are measured by its diameter.
- Griddles: These flat metal plates are used for frying, grilling, and making breads. Traditional griddles are circular.
Cookware kitchen appliances help people to prepare food efficiently. It also gives your kitchen a classic look. Quality of material is considered primarily. Many well known brands manufacture kitchen appliance cookware. People always tend to buy kitchen appliances that suit their style, and match with other things in kitchen.